Sunday, March 6, 2011

Beginning of the Miss Alabama Journey

Greetings!

This week was full of new experiences for me, and I have enjoyed and grown from every aspect of it.

My head shots this Monday with the wonderful Frank Carnaggio were amazing. I had a blast working with Frank and I am definitely going to have a hard time narrowing down the photos to just a few! I knew that I would have a good time and enjoy the experience, but I could not have predicted how much fun it would be.

I hope everyone took advantage of National Pancake Day at IHOP and donated to their local Children's Miracle Network hospital! I had a great time at the IHOP in Auburn, and the staff was so incredible and helped me to donate my services in the best way possible. I was able to serve as a  hostess for part of the night and even got to flip a few pancakes. Greeting people and meeting new people was a lot of fun, and I really enjoyed being a part of such a successful fundraiser for CMN. I was honored to be able to encourage people to donate to such an incredibly worthy cause and to feel as though I had played a small role in making the day a success.

On the Friday night before Miss Alabama Orientation, I got to de-stress at the 80s prom on campus. Dressing up and dancing to some 80s music was a great way to let loose after a busy week at school. UPC did a great job and I know that those who came by had a fabulous time being a little silly for the night.

Miss Alabama Orientation on Saturday was so exciting!! Meeting all the girls was so amazing, and I cannot wait to see everyone again on workshop weekend. I am now more excited than ever for the pageant in June and to compete again. Even though most of what we talked about was paperwork and technicalities, it still made the whole experience seem so much more real.

And a big congratulations to the new Miss Alabama's Outstanding Teen that was crowned this afternoon in Sylacauga. I had the pleasure of being there for the pageant and enjoying a very entertaining show and cheering on some amazingly talented young ladies. I also get a kick out of giving a big "War Eagle!" to an auditorium full of people. All in all, kudos to the MOAT team and to all the contestants for such an enjoyable afternoon.

Can't wait for some more new experiences!

War Eagle & With Love,
Emilee

No comments:

Post a Comment